A Data Protection Officer (or DPO) carries responsibility for the compliance posture of your business in relation to the GDPR.
The DPO is tasked with:
- Ensuring that the organisation processes the personal data of its staff, customers, providers or any other individuals (also referred to as data subjects) in compliance with the applicable data protection rules.
- Monitoring all data processing activities on an ongoing basis.
- Acting as a liaison for any employee who has questions about the company's data processing policies.
- Acting on data subject access requests (DSAR) for correction or deletion requests that the business may receive.
- Serving as the company's primary point of contact with the local regulator on any matters relating to data protection or data privacy.
- Training and awareness on Data Privacy topics within the organisation.
The DPO is an integral part of the organisation, making her ideally placed to ensure compliance. Nevertheless, our aim is to allow our DPO to perform her duties independently.