We are looking for talent!
Are you an experienced data engineer and interested in joining a creative data analytics startup?
At dataroots we are working on a range of analytics projects where we apply our statistical, mathematical, programming and visualizations skills in order to create tailored solutions for our customers. We pride ourselves on delivering effective and value adding results.
You will not be the only data engineer in the team and will be able to learn from each other.
Our clients currently include companies in the finance, healthcare, telco, recruitment and marketing space.
Who are we looking for?
- A proven track record in data architecture, infrastructure and/or productionalization, either in a commercial or research setting
- Excellent knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem
- The ability to support the deployment of analytical solutions
- Knowledge of big data infrastructure related ETL tools
- Ability to integrate machine learning models in a big data infrastructure (e.g. MLlib, H2O)
- Good communication skills are essential
- Data wrangling prowess; you’re not afraid of working with high volume and/or untidy data
- Expert knowledge of Java, Scala and Python, the ability to learn new techniques is key (e.g. R)
- Knowledge on cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure) and big capabilities is a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a quickly evolving environment
- Interested in tutoring others on your area of expertise
- Involvement in the open-source community is a plus
- Located in Belgium, strong level of English and either Dutch or French
- Driver’s license
- 3+ years of experience
Above all we are looking for someone with a willingness to learn and who is curious to explore new techniques and domains.
What will you get in return?
- A competitive salary package (including fringe benefits)
- Flexible working hours (if the project allows it)
- A personal training/development budget
- Top notch hardware for analytics and home use
- A startup environment and the ability to grow with the company
Did we tickle your interest? If so, send your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we see a fit, we will send you an online test that will be followed up by an interview with one of dataroots’ partners.